Welcome to Columbus! Please take a moment to read these special guidelines for a safe and responsible visit. We kindly request you to follow these guidelines and wish you a pleasant visit!
We are open again for visitors: Tuesday to Sunday from 11 am to 5 pm*. Buy your entrance tickets online, we currently do not sell tickets at the ticket office in the museum.
Consider the following rules when visiting:
- Wearing a mouth mask is mandatory.
- Do not leave your home if you do not feel well. We welcome visitors as long as they and their relatives have not had any medical complaints at least 24 hours prior to their visit. We implement the RIVM (cf. NHS) guidelines:
- Do you show symptoms of a cold or a nasal cold, such as a runny nose, light cough or are you running a temperature (not higher than 38 °C or 100 °F)? Stay at home!
- Do you show symptoms of a cold and feel feverish (a temperature higher than 38 °C or 100 °F) and/or are you short of breath? Stay at home! The same applies to members of your family.
We do our utmost to ensure the safety of our visitors to Columbus, Cube and Continium. Our measures at a glance:
- The numbers of visitors to our museums are restricted to make sure that a safe distance to other guests will be maintained. These numbers are based on a required minimum of 10 m2 (107 square feet) of space per person or family; o special hygienic measures are in force at the toilet facilities.
- Disinfection points have been set up at several locations in the museums where you can disinfect your hands. Disinfectants and paper towels are available to wipe contact surfaces;
- There will be floor markings to indicate the safety distance of 1.5 metres at spots where people may be expected to queue;
- There are separate entrances and exits for the various houses. The main entrance is adjacent to the railway station.
- Where necessary, we have introduced one-way routes; o We make use of time slots to ensure that visitors arrive spread out over the day to avoid queueing as much as possible;
- We accept only payments by debit card at the box office, in the museum shop and restaurant.
Practise the measures as set out by the RIVM (cf. NHS):
- Wash your hands after touching things that others before you have touched.
- Wash your hands with water and soap for 20 seconds, dry your hands carefully with a paper towel or use a hand dryer. Discard the paper towel in a refuse bin with lid.
- Wash your hands before leaving, wash again as soon as you get home, when you have blown your nose, before meals and after you have been to the toilet.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Use paper handkerchiefs to blow your nose and discard them in refuse bins with lids.
- Then wash your hands.
- Do not shake hands when you meet people.
- Keep a safe distance of 1.5 metres to other people.
- Follow the instructions of our museum staff and keep a safe distance of 1.5 metres to other visitors to reduce the risk of infection to a minimum.
- Wearing a mouth mask is mandatory.
Brasserie M is the new brasserie of Continium, Cube & Columbus where you can enjoy a cup of delicious coffee, a tasty sandwich, a fresh pasta or one of the many other specialties. Reservations for Brasserie M (including terrace) are not possible, you will be allocated a place by one of the staff members based on availability at that time.
Please note: at the moment there is no room in the museum to have your own lunch.
Rules in Brasserie M
For brasserie M, the same rules apply as for all catering establishments. Upon arrival you can report to the host. He will ask you about your health and to leave your contact information according to RIVM guidelines. These details will only be used if necessary for a contact examination and destroyed after 14 days. He will then show you and your company a place and explain the working method further:
- At Brasserie M, the range is shown on a menu. One person then places the order at the checkout where the payment also takes place. The other members of the household remain at the table. As a family you do not have to keep a distance of one and a half meters from each other: you do to other visitors.
- Drinks are given immediately. Items that do not come from the kitchen are passed directly through a so-called "pass-through surface". A buzzer system is used for dishes from the kitchen. Guests can then collect their dishes themselves at the collection desk with the buzzer. There are also several serving tables in the brasserie.
- Please note: at Brasserie M you can only pay with pin (contactless).
Tickets are only available for a predetermined time of arrival. We advise you to buy a ticket for Columbus online to be assured of a place on the day you want to visit. Tickets can not be bought at the ticket office.
- Earth, Our Planet Our Home
Once you have watched the film in Columbus we prefer you to return home or enjoy a drink and meal in the restaurant.
What measures has Columbus taken and what rules are there for me as a visitor? How can I use Brasserie M? Can I also take a seat on the terrace? Can I also come as a group? Can all exhibitions be visited? What do I notice about the measures in the museum? The answer to these and other questions can be found below. They are divided into four categories. Is your question not listed? Mail to info [at] columbus.nl or call (urgent) 045 - 567 6020.